Get Caffeinated Like a Local

St. Petersburg Coffee Shops
I have a coffee addiction. I know.
As my first post since I moved into college, why wouldn't I blog about the two things I'm going to miss the most? Good coffee and my beautiful city, St. Petersburg.  Oh yeah, and of course my friends and family!

I'm officially all moved into my new dorm, and start my first culinary class on Monday!  A mix of nerves and excitement have come over me.  Today I  met my chef for my first lab class, and really explored the campus and I think it's going to be a great year!  I hope I can share my knowledge with you guys as I learn too.

I think for my blog posts moving forward, I'm going to post more educational stuff.  No worries though I'll try my best to still keep you posted with recipes and the good food I'm making at school!  In the next few days I'll post all about Miami's cuisine because so far, it's amazing!

Let me get back on topic.  So in my last week up in St. Pete, I decided to think of all my favorite local coffee shops, head in and take some pictures to share with you all.  I've been to most of these coffee shops hundreds of times and tried many different drinks, prior to making this post.  
Here's the coffee shops I think are the best of the best!

Bandit Coffee Co.
This is always my go to coffee shop, perfect for meeting up with friends, studying, or just to stop in and grab a coffee to-go.  Bandit is CENTRALLY located on CENTRAL Ave. in downtown St. Petersburg. 
 Their coffee is always delicious and they have seasonal drinks as well as their everyday coffees including, pour overs, lattes, iced coffees and a variety teas.  The baristas are always friendly and helpful.  
Bandit also has a aesthetic look on the inside making so much more appealing, and easy for working or studying.  I've actually done a lot of the work for my blog there at Bandit!



Black Crow Coffee
My next coffee stop is Black Crow Coffee.  We'll start with the coffee, it's amazing.  Made to order every time, and so many flavors to choose from.  This is my go to coffee shop if I want to talk to friends
 It's so artistic inside, Black Crow features art work from local artists on the walls of the shop.  They also hold events like art shows, small concerts for local bands, and all sorts of other unique gatherings.  This is a really great place to go to meet people with other interests as you and everyone is always so friendly.  
It's located in a cute little neighborhood in Historic Old Northeast, St. Pete.
Black Crow actually supplies coffee to other small restaurants and ice cream shops around St. Petersburg.  I think this is wonderful! #keepstpetelocal
Black Crow also has a very homey feel inside and it's so welcoming.  If you ever get a chance definitely stop in!
Just like Bandit, I had been to this coffee shop tons of times before making this blog post, so I included some pictures of a concert I went to there.

Intermezzo Coffee and Cocktails
This coffee shop is so super cute, the ambiance is perfect for almost every occasion, dates, studying, a night out with friends, a drink with friends, everything and anything.  
Yes, coffee AND cocktails.  They have a full bar in the evening, the only slight downside is that in the evening they only serve cold brew and espresso, but still super good.  I had a nitro cold brew and it was delicious and just a little bit fruity and sweet.  There coffee was MADE coffee which is made locally in St. Pete and you can actually buy it in local grocery stores, like Publix
They also have some really good food!  It's not your typical bar food, and it's not your typical coffee shop danishes.  They have a raw oyster bar, ceviche, charcuterie board, and some salads and sandwiches.   I had the salmon ceviche and it was splendid.  It had a wonderful blend of flavors and only $10. 

Kahwa Coffee
Kahwa was started locally here in St. Pete, and has grown to several other locations.  Kahwa has spread all over the Tampa bay area, and also supplies there coffee to other businesses and restaurants.  Kahwa coffee is featured all over and really, most locally owned restaurants serve Kahwa
There coffee is always delicious with many different options.  I had the cafe latte in this picture and the coffee blend is so good, there's not even a need to sweeten it at all.  They also have a cold brew and nitro brew (black coffee pictured)
They have a great environment for meetings and studying.  They have a very homey feel with couches along with tables and a bar top seating. 
They also have breakfast croissants, sandwiches and quiches. 

So now you know all of the hot spots for coffee if you're ever down in St. Pete, I've spent so much time at all of these it's sad to leave them.  Maybe in a few months I'll make an updated post with North Miami coffee shops!  We all know I'll be continuing the coffee addiction in college.

 From my kitchen to yours,
MallaryMadeđź’—








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NoMad: One Michelin Star

La Mar by Gaston Acurio

Blueberry Bundt Cake!

The Reading Room